Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pepsi Throwback...Really

While watching NFL football I have recently seen several commercials for Pepsi Throwback. The throwback is it is made with real sugar. You may not be aware that soft drinks in the good old US of A is sweetened with high fructose corn syrup. This is not the most natural of ingredients and does affect the taste of beverages it is put in.

This product is not available in Canada as soft drinks in Canada are still sweetened with real sugar.

I'm not sure if it is a good idea for Pepsi to be sweetening their products with sugar again. It may very well make consumers realize how bad their product is tasting. However, it may also be a test to see if the American public would be willing to go back to sugar sweetened soft drinks or if they really care.

I have had American soft drinks and I prefer the Canadian version. It tastes better, at least to me. I would drink a lot less pop if I was in the States or if the Canadian versions started using the corn syrup to sweeten the drinks.

It is a strange day when a company feels that it has to sell the fact that sugar is the upgrade in their product, for a limited time only.

No comments:

Post a Comment