Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Vertical Visibility

There is a funny thing that happens when you live on the 21st floor. When it's foggy you may not be able to see anything on the ground when you look out the window. I don't think there is anything wrong or even right with this but it does tend to mess with your head a bit.

This morning was an example of this unique phenomenon.

It was foggy in the Nation's Capital this morning. I looked out the window. I saw absolutely nothing. If I looked straight down I could faintly make out the river below. I think this prepared me for a trip to work with very low visibility and very high humidity. When I walked out at ground level, the visibility was rather good. I was just a bit confused.

Nothing I'm writing today is going to change the world. It's just a observation of one of the little things in life. I think it's the little things that make a typical day a little more interesting. If each day has a bit more to offer, life can be really good.



No comments:

Post a Comment