Sunday, November 10, 2013

It's a Rush

I have now been selling cars for a bit over three weeks. At this point I'm not the best car salesman that walked on this life supporting sphere that flies through a vacuum around a gaseous ball of fire but, I'm doing ok. With each deal I make, I learn a bit more. However, I must admit, I get a rush when I'm doing a deal.

I like the feeling I get when I close a deal.

I'm not going to lie, sales is a tough racket. You get what you put into it and not everyone has the intestinal fortitude to deal with all the rejection but if you are willing to slug it out, you can can get a really good feeling from selling cars.

There are a lot of unscrupulous people in the car business. Some of the people I've met are not worth my time. However, if you do this for any amount of time, you can sell cars. It may be the only thing you are good at, but you can get really good at it.

Most of my friends thought I was crazy to sell cars for a living. As I write this I don't know if I will do this for a long time but I know that when I'm doing a deal, I get a rush. I get excited. I get caught up in the moment and I like that feeling. I can see how people end up doing this for a long time. You have a lot of control over your performance. You have direct control over what you take home and, if you are like me, you get a big rush from selling cars.

If I do a deal in the evening, I will have trouble sleeping at night. I'll be buzzing for hours from a rush. Living life hopped up on adrenaline is a good way to be and I'm doing it.

If the rush starts to disappear, I will have to move on because I'm not going to live a mediocre life, but as it goes for now, I will live a life full of rushes from selling.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Maybe it's time to revise the "About Me" section of this page!

    ReplyDelete