Saturday, November 23, 2013

Maybe It's a Mid-Life Crisis

As I have written about several times, I have recently changed jobs. I had to. I felt trapped but now I feel like there is something out there that I'm going to thrive at. The problem is, I have no idea what that may be.

There are good and bad points to any job or career. We all know that. There are some parts of the new job I really like and there are parts I would gladly do without. So not surprisingly, with this new found feeling of freedom I wonder what else is out there.

A couple of days ago I thought to myself, hmmmm, maybe I should be a truck driver. It's different and it would have an element of adventure but it also would keep me from talking to people all day. As such, it is probably not the best choice in the end. 

The truck driver thought made me realize that I don't know what I want my life to look like for the next twenty years, which brought on the mid-life crisis thought.

If you don't know what you want, it's hard to get there. I have been feeling like a bit of a scalar lately. I have lots of energy and drive but I don't know where I should be directing it. I don't know if I want a large or small organization. I don't know if I want to start something new. I really don't know.

Now the one huge upside to not knowing where you want to be is a many courses of action are open to consideration.

I'll figure it all out. I'll get headed to where I should be. In the meantime, I'm learning and growing, which in the end, is probably the most important thing in life, at least to a guy like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment