Saturday, October 9, 2010

Moving On

In my real job (as opposed to Internet blogger) I have been offered a promotion and a move to Ottawa Ontario. So off I go. If everything works out I should be moving in mid-November.

I have to admit I am very excited and a bit scared.

I have lived in Manitoba all my life. I have worked a summer in Alberta and a summer in Nova Scotia but Manitoba has always the place I go back to. Moving to Ottawa should have a lot of changes. I have always identified myself as a Westerner. I wasn't sure if I would or could live in Eastern Canada but I see so much opportunity I can't say no.

I have the opportunity to explore a different part of the country. I have been to Ottawa a few times but I have always been busy. I won't be far from Montreal. New York City and Boston are a days drive away. That's just the places I thought of. My own back yard will be a lot of fun.

With the access to communication we have today it should be easier to keep my ties to my friends and family. Of course I will meet new people and form new friendships but I don't want to give up the old ones either.

Unfortunately I will not be able to go to Bomber games. I will miss that. I will also miss the rent control in Manitoba. My housing is rather cheap in Winnipeg, but the upsides outweigh the downsides.

I'm moving to Ottawa and I'm excited.



No comments:

Post a Comment