Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bad Driving

I have lived my whole life in Manitoba. People often complain about Winnipeg drivers and rightly so. Many drivers in Winnipeg are not very good and don't drive in a very predictable manner. After arriving for my House Hunting Trip in Ottawa I think people who drive here do not do a good job either.

Often it seems that the traffic lights don't really matter. People just pull out into traffic. No one seems to be paying attention. It seems to be a bit chaotic.

This may all be due to the streets being very old and narrow. They wind about the city with no apparent plan. It may be that I am just not familiar with the city layout but it sure seems to be difficult to move about some areas.

I will adapt. I will figure it out. That's who I am.

I also believe that I will like living in this city. What I'm told is the bad part of town is not bad to compared to many parts of Winnipeg. They say Ottawa is a very educated city which befuddles me why the driving seems to be so bad.

It may be that all cities have bad drivers, in which case we should all stop complaining and drive better.



No comments:

Post a Comment