Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The First Warm Day of Spring

If you live in a city like Winnipeg, one of the best days of the year is the 1st warm day of spring. I'm not here to discuss there merits of everybody wanting being outside in a few clothes as possible, enjoying the weather, I want to discuss, why this day matters.

Living in Winnipeg is like living in Siberia. It is cold in the winter and hot in the summer. I question why should I put up with the winter that Winnipeg deliverers without debate. This is harsh, and usually, worse than advertised. Most of the inhabited world does not even fathom the typical January day in Winnipeg.

My point isn't about personal comfort. I live downtown, in an urban area. As such, I see many people who suffer. I pass on spare change when I have some, I don't wish ill on anyone.

Why would you produce an urban area, which is a false beacon of hope to the unequipped, in one of the harshest climates in the world?

The dead of winter in places like Winnipeg is deadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment