Thursday, April 16, 2009

You Don't Have to See to Know

There was a commercial for Stanfield's underwear. In it two guys are doing sit-ups at the gym. One is doing the old fashioned sit-up and the other is doing some new wave sit-up on a Swiss ball. The tag line is, 'You don't have to see them to know who's wearing them.'

I was always a fan on this commercial. I thought it was to the point and targeted the people who Stanfields wanted to buy their product.

I was at the gym today after work, much like many other days. I work out regularly. I do a lot of old fashioned sit-ups. Today, just like every other day, I was doing my sit-ups. Today, not like every other day, there was a guy doing some type of yoga-like balancing mumbo-jumbo on the mat next to me. He was pointing at the ceiling, and wrapping his legs around himself and standing motionless.

I don't know what he was trying to accomplish. You could probably argue it would help his balance, if you want to point to the ceiling with your leg wrapped around your body.

It looked a bit silly to me.

However in the end you don't have to see them to know who's wearing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment