Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Why A Blog?

I was watching The Hour with George Strombolopolous back on April 1st and the book 'What Would Google Do?' by Jeff Jarvis was mentioned in a bit. I finally had some time to purchase and read the book last week-end. This book had a rather profound impact on me.

I'm not really into technology. I do have an iPhone and a PS3. I do have internet access. I never really thought about how much the world has really changed around me. What I really gained from that book is if you want to remain or even be relevent from this point forward, you must harness the power of the internet.

As time goes by I hope to shed my view on the world as I see it. By doing so, I hope to see some debate. I also hope to learn more about myself.

I don't really know how this will turn out or if this will be read. Only time will tell. I plan on blogging regularly and we will see where this goes.

By the way, everyone should read 'What Would Google Do?'

1 comment:

  1. Wait, you have an iPhone? We have not talked enough recently!

    Don't worry about having people read it. It might be impossible but there are people who try to read the entire internet!

    ReplyDelete