Monday, April 27, 2009

Squeegee Clean

As I was driving home from the gym today I noticed a squeegee kid (who appeared to be about thirty) finishing up cleaning the windshield of a city bus. He then proceeded to the side window and asked the driver for some money. The driver didn't give him any. I'm not sure if he didn't have any or just didn't want to give it away. The squeegee kid then started to hit the bus wit his squeegee.

I can understand his frustration but he really has no reason to be angry.

I occasionally use the services of a squeegee kid. They can be really handy if you happen to run out of washer fluid. They can sure make it easier to see.

The thing is a squeegee kid is never owed any money.

They offer a service in hopes of getting paid. Drivers do not seek out squeegee kids and enter into a contract to have their windshield washed. The kids just wash the windshield in hopes of being re numerated.

Maybe the bus wasn't the best target. I can't see a city bus running out of washer fluid on a day when the road is dry. I would imagine a bus would be topped up daily.

Since the service was not asked for I see no reason for the bus driver to pay. I also see no reason for the squeegee kid (who looked like he was about 30) to hit the bus with his squeegee. He could of broke it and then his income source would be lost.

Of course the bus did have a very squeegee clean window.

No comments:

Post a Comment