Tuesday, October 6, 2009

After a Long Drive

I spent a good portion of last week-end driving to Thunder Bay and back. It is a scenic drive, but it is rather long and is primarily a two lane highway from Falcon Lake on. Needless to say I had a fair amount of sitting motionless in the truck. You have to be alert to drive but you sure don't move very much. Nineteen hours of sitting doesn't get you much exercise.

To add to the unhealthiness, I ate several greasy burgers and the dreaded KFC.

By the time I returned to Winnipeg I was feeling rather lethargic, bloated, and generally crappy.

Monday I returned to the gym. It was not an enjoyable workout. Things hurt. I could feel the remaining greasy food lumbering about in my gut. I didn't seem to be too strong. But, something happened as the workout carried on. I started to feel a bit better. As the day went on I felt a lot better. I started to feel like I normally do. About three hours after my workout I was feeling quite good.

I am sure it was the exercise that improved my overall feeling. I am sure that my life is greatly improved because I regularly work out. There is no magic snake oil that makes you young. Regular exercise will help with feeling like you feel young.

If people don't want to exercise that is their choice but I do not want to hear them complain that they feel old. It would only take a few trips to the gym to take a lot of years off of how you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment