Thursday, October 8, 2009

This is Too Easy But...

I drove to work and out for lunch, to the barber, to the grocery store, and home today. It was probably about an hour and fifteen minutes in total. I saw five people run red lights today. Four of them were not even close.

It is common for people to complain about Winnipeg drivers. There are a lot of bad drivers in Winnipeg. There are a lot of bad drivers everywhere. There is no reason people should drive badly. It is not that hard. Most people drive cars that are almost completely automated. We do not have to shift gears, adjust fuel flow, set the spark advance, monitor the engine temperature, turn on the lights, adjust our breaking if we stop suddenly, straighten our car out if it skids on ice, turn on our windshield wipers, or darken our rear view mirror. I realize that not every car does every task but most do most.

If the car is doing all of this, I'm sure the driver has enough mental capacity to accelerate, break, turn, and look out for signals and other vehicles. It is not that difficult.

I am not saying I am a perfect driver. I do make mistakes from time to time, but I do look out and do my best to not cause grief to to others.

It is time for people to start driving better.

No comments:

Post a Comment