Monday, October 19, 2009

You Would Think It Would Be Obvious

In aviation safety there is an old saying, "Learn from the mistakes of others, you will not live long enough to make them all yourself." This is true, eventually a mistake might kill you. This bit of info is true anywhere in life, not just aviation safety.

In the spirit of this bit of info, I have some good advise to share based on some recent experiences.

If you decide to go to Oktoberfest after work on a Friday, and that carries on to the Palamino Club, which leads to eating breakfast at Smitty's at 1 am, followed by a stop at Perkins the next day around noon on the way to pick up your car, it is not a good idea to proceed directly to the gym, which is right across the street from where you picked up your car. The results will not be anything like what you hoped for.

You will feel like garbage.

I know that I usually advocate exercise. It is good for you, and often makes you feel better, however after that combination of events, you will not benefit from exercise. If that perfect storm arises in your life, go home, lay back down on your couch, turn on your big screen, and fall asleep to an afternoon football game.

I realize this should be obvious, however I think I'm reasonably intelligent and I figured it would be a good idea to go to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment