Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Thought I Was Doing Well

I was at the gym yesterday doing my thing. I have been working fairly hard lately and have seen some results because of it. My cardio is up, I am stronger, I can see the results. I was feeling pretty good about myself.

There was a dude standing on a full Swiss ball, lifting weights over his head.

Yes you read that correctly.

I tried to stand on a full Swiss ball once. I couldn't. I fell off immediately. I do not know how this guy did this. He is clearly better at that than I am.

Now I could sulk and say that's it, but I am going to use that as motivation. I don't know if I will ever stand on a Swiss ball. I don't know if that will really prove to myself that I have made it. I do know that I can improve, so I will try to step it up. I will try to take it to another level. I will work harder. Not because I have to but because I want to.

I find that when you see someone exceed shat you can even try, there is a good motivation to improve, and improvement always makes you feel better about yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Is every second blog on this site going to start with... I was at the gym today, I get it you go to the gym

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! Standing on a Swiss Ball, while lifting weights ... that is CRAZY! Good luck! I like you, will probably never be able to do it, but I will try!

    ReplyDelete