Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Might Be Getting Old

I participate in the fine old game of curling. It is a good reason to get out for some socializing and exercise during the long cold Winnipeg winter. I do not curl at all during the summer, so I have to get back at it about the middle of October each year.

In the past, after my annual return, I have not had any real aches, soreness, or stiffness over the next few days. This was not the case this year. I was rather sore in quite a few places for a couple of days after my first attempt of the year.

I'm sure I will get used to it again, and a normal game will not cause any real discomfort. Everything will be fine.

I'm also sure that this happened because I am getting older.

I know as you get older the body starts to slow down a wee bit at a time. It just seems to be difficult when you actually start to see some real evidence that you are not immune to Father Time.

I don't have as much hair as I used to and some has turned grey. Now I apparently i can't just fly into action after a long lay off. I figured since I exercise regularly I didn't need to worry, but I had a couple of sore days this week. I think continuing exercising sped up the departure of the aching, but I was not expecting it to arrive at all.

So, here I am, with some more evidence that I am getting a bit older. I will fight it with exercise and a positive attitude, but I also should try to not go overboard too often either.

No comments:

Post a Comment