Sunday, June 20, 2010

If It Keeps On Raining

If it keeps on raining, the levee's going to break. This line from the great Led song may be quite fitting in Manitoba these days. It has been raining a lot as of late. I have been flying a bit in the last few days and I can tell you there is a lot of water out and about. I realize there are no levees here like there is in New Orleans but the sentiment is the same. If it rains much more, especially in the Manitoba Interlake we may see the revival of Lake Agassiz.

I understand we need some rain but I think we have enough for the entire summer. This much rainy weather wears on people's morale. It is hard to be excited about life when it seems that water is always falling from the sky.

I also realize it may not rain for a month. This is Manitoba and I'm not sure if there is typical weather anymore. I'm good with it not raining much for the rest of the summer. The farmers don't need it. The crops are already ruined. If a deity controls the rain, and that deity happens to read my blog from time to time, it would be nice if we had a sunny summer from here on out.

I know there really isn't anything we can do about the weather but I hope it doesn't rain too much more.



1 comment:

  1. It shall be done. I see all Brent...on that note stop doing 'you know what' so much or I'll make you go blind.

    -G

    ReplyDelete