Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Thundershowers

I like a good thunderstorm, I just don't like to be outside in a good thunderstorm. I was over at a friend's place and decided it was time to go. Since it is only a few blocks I was travelling by foot. A thunderstorm rolled over and I got wet. Not completely soaked as I have many times in the past but definitely wet. Thankfully, I had a rather water repellent jacket on, so other than my feet getting damp I was ok.

I know people who like to be outside in the rain. They revel in it. They think its the best thing since sliced bread. Not me. But that's ok. It indicates we have choice and can exercise that choice. I think its important that we have this ability to choose.

If you look at the worst places on this planet, one of the main things that makes them so bad is people are limited in their choices. If you limit choice, you significantly limit the ability to make a difference or to enjoy.

I realize that the whole issue is not that simple but if we can give more people more choice the world will be a better place. If nothing else I try to choose to not be out in a thunder storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment