Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Someone Needs To Lighten Up

Last night I received a text message from a very good friend. She indicated that she had just took a few minutes and read my latest blog post. She also indicated it was seriously depressing. So I read it and a few other recent entries.

She was right. My writing has not been too cheerful as of late.

I have been complaining a lot in his blog. There have been silver linings but they are very dull silver and do not radiate much hope. I seem to be in a bit of a mood.

I like to be happy. I can see my happiness spread to others. When I'm glum I can see that spreading as well. So, I guess I need to work on looking at the happy stuff around me. It's everywhere. I get to live in one of the best countries in the world. I work for one of the best youth development programs ever even thought of. I get to do something truly enjoy. I have the best family and friends so amazing I often wonder why they would choose to spend time with me. I live a comfortable and fairly complete life.

I need to see the world around me for how amazing it really is.

I think we all go through times where the less desirable seem to overshadow all the great things we have in our life. I think I rolled into one of those funks. I am done with the self loathing. I'm determined to enjoy every day while I make the people around me happy as well.

It's time for me to behave like the fortunate, talented, and fun person I can be.



No comments:

Post a Comment