Tuesday, June 22, 2010

North American TV Dependance

I'm in the place I live for the summer. I have been here for just over a week. This whole tine my TV has not worked. At first I was not too concerned. I am very busy in the summer and don't watch a lot of TV in the summer. As time goes on I am finding that I am missing a lot not having a signal.

I don't need to know what is happening in any of the programs I do enjoy, however much of the news type content is missing. You would think that the Internet would just fill in all what is missing. To a point it does but it is still very much a pull system. You go and find the content you want. There are a lot of benefits to this. There is also one large drawback. It's hard to know what to go and find out about when you don't know what is going on. To add to this there are no radio stations with a reliable signal that I enjoy. As a result I am not listening to morning radio.

I feel as though my knowledge of the world beyond my direct physical contact is severely limited.

I may be a bit addicted to TV. I don't mind the old way of having content pushed on me. I am missing it a bit. There is something to be said for sitting down and watching a half-hour of news. I hope I can return to that very soon.



2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I was just out of country for a week and feel out of touch. But you could listen to streaming OB in the mornings.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes missing out on something in the news is very important, also I'm sure its quite a bummer if you miss out on melrose place or 90210 on a tuesday night lol:)

    ReplyDelete