Monday, November 1, 2010

Choosing A Neighborhood

Today, as part of my quest for a place to live in Ottawa, I took a look at many neighborhoods. You can have a great space but if it is not in an area you like you will be unhappy.

Choosing the location of your home may be more important than the actual home. The location has to match you. You have to be ok with the type of people you will see. You have to have what you want to see and do around you.

Your location must also meet the needs of your family situation. A family with young children have different needs of single working age people who have different needs of retired folks. You need to match your needs with your community.

For me, at my current spot in life, I want to be in the middle of it all. I want to walk out my door and be living life. I want the energy that people bring. I want to walk to work. This may change as I move through life but this is what I want for now.

I don't know if I could ever live in the suburbs. It just feels so blah. You have to drive everywhere and the streets have no character or energy.

As I work toward finding a place I know what will suit me. Now to secure the space.



No comments:

Post a Comment