Sunday, December 2, 2012

No More Mo

December has arrived. I don't think I have ever been so overjoyed for a month to change. I did raise some money. Overall the Directorate of Moustache Development (DMD) raised over $1,100 and some awareness. It was fun. I got to laugh at myself. 

I has come to my attention that I should not grow a moustache. I have been compared to creepy neighbours and criminals. I fully admit the moustache is not a good look for me. Every update I put on Facebook was met with good humoured ridicule.

Since this picture shows how bad it was, I woke up early on December 1st and shaved it off. This was the last ever photo taken of my mo. I didn't worry about how my hair looked it was just important to get that fur off my upper lip.

If people ever doubted that I had red hair as a child, this moustache shows I did. I am not an expert on why hair changes colour but the hair on my head got dark enough that when I moved to Ontario the clerk who processed my Provincial Driver's Licence decided I had brown hair. I definitely sport a red moustache. 

Ultimately you must be able to laugh at yourself. Life gets a lot easier when you are comfortable enough to put yourself in a position to be teased. This activity did that. I had a lot of good natured ribbing from friends and acquaintances I even joked with other guys who I had never met about how terrible this duster turned out. They were in on it since they were growing a bad mo as well.

Even though we are now in December and I no longer have a cheesy 'stache you can still donate if you feel so inclined. mobro.co/brentcook 

It was fun but I think my upper lip will remain hairless from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment