Monday, December 3, 2012

Some Gratitude

In the big picture there is a lot in life to be grateful about. If you are in a position to read or write blogs, life is probably treating you well. One of the things that I am happy about is from time to time I get to meet new people. Moving a couple of years ago accelerated this process as I needed to to start working on a network of local friends. Amy, one of my friends in Ottawa has started writing a blog. She hasn't produced a lot of content yet so this is an opportunity to start reading it from the beginning. 

So far her blog is nothing like mine. It appears that she puts some thought into what she is trying to say where I think mine often reads like a one-sided conversation while having a beer.


So far, she is expressing how happy she is for the good things in life. I'm sure it will grow and evolve as more content is written but I don't know how.

What I do know is it will be well written. She has an excellent command of the English language. She is educated. She makes my life look really ordinary. (There are not a lot of people who can do that.) She has perspective and truly believes she is living a great life. It's obvious when you talk to her or read her blog.

So, give it a read. It will brighten you day and make you think and in my books, that's some thing to be grateful for.


1 comment:

  1. Awwww, wow! I'm so flattered Brent! A whole blog post dedicated to gratitude... I'm so grateful for friends like you! I'm grateful for those moments when random people come in to our lives and later develop into long-lasting friendships! I always say, things happen for a reason...and for whatever reason that is, I'm happy you came into mine!...Not only because you got me up in a plane with no motor, but because you always make me smilke, and exude such positivity & joy every time we hang out! :)

    ReplyDelete