Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Comb in the 'Fro

As I was driving home from work today I noticed a gentleman driving in the car next to me had a comb in his 'Fro. I was a bit surprised by that. You tend not to see that sort of thing these days. It made me think of a couple of things.

The '80's are really coming back.

Good for this guy, he is expressing himself.

He has embraced change. He has attempted something new. I applaud him.

Too often here in North America we are encouraged to conform and be the same. This suppression of creativity forces us to do the same things the same way. This makes change very difficult as we become pre-conditioned to keep it the same.

Although it can be scary there is a need for change in certain situation.

Organizations need to change as resources and needs change.

People need to change as age and needs change.

If we stifle individuality and push people to all be the same, it is very difficult to incite change.

Maybe, we all should put 'a comb in our 'fro.'

No comments:

Post a Comment