Monday, May 11, 2009

It's Times Like These

As I was driving home from the gym today I noticed that everyone around me was enjoying the amazing weather Winnipeg was blessed with today. It was about 20 degrees Celsius and very light winds with a few clouds in the sky.

Nearly everyone driving had their windows down, sunroof open ad music playing. There were lots of people jogging, cycling, walking and rollerblading. One guy nearly twisted his head off when two girls rode past him on their bicycles. I don't blame him. It was clear that they took care of themselves. There were lots of motorcycles on the road.

Winnipeg has come out of its winter coma. The city has energy. I can feel a pulse and the return of life.

Problems seem manageable. Almost everyone around me has renewed optimism. This is a great feeling as we have risen from the frozen depths of winter to once again live life.

I think Dave Grohl said it best. "It's times like these we learn to live again."

No comments:

Post a Comment