Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Suburbs

Over the week-end I was out in the suburbs. It was a birthday party for the youngest kid of good friends of mine. There were grandparents there along with friends and neighbours.

I live in a downtown apartment. I really like the lifestyle. Many things are handy and there is always some action, good or bad.

I have to admit, I really enjoyed my time in the suburbs. We BBQ'ed. We played badminton. We had beer. We had a fire. It was laid back.

I saw for the first time in a long time why so many people choose to live this way. There was a sense of community. All the kids could run free. Pets were everywhere. I saw some true happiness. It was refreshing.

I may be a bit of an urban dweller, but I also like what the suburbs has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment