Monday, May 18, 2009

Fore!

Golf is a solitary game. Only you are are responsible for the results. That is probably the challenge that draws myself and so many other people to take up the sport.

I am not a bad golfer but I am not a great golfer either.

Today I golfed my first round of the year. Being the smart guy that I am I chose a course that did not have a lot of trees on it, to assure myself that I would not be stomping through the bush all morning.

I was not planning on a 30 knot wind. It was brutal. It didn't matter how hard you hit the ball it didn't seem to go anywhere. Every hole seemed to play into the wind. The aforementioned wind would blow you off the ball. You had to take into account the wind when you were putting.

It was extremely challenging. I didn't play very well but I seem to want to go back for more.

I want to try and do better the next time. That challenge is one of the things that keeps me coming back. There is a group of people that will try to improve at things they are not always good at. Not everyone is like that. Some people avoid what they are not good at.

If you want to be great you have to take on challenges.

Hopefully next time the wind will be under 15 knots.

No comments:

Post a Comment