Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Manitoba Public Insurance Corporation is Lazy

I don't wish to speak ill of anyone. You really have to fail to get blasted by me. MPIC has achieved this level with me.

I admit I made an error in this whole episode, however MPIC made no effort when I asked them for help.

Here's the story.

I renewed my driver's license about a week before it was due to ensure that I didn't accidentally expire. However, the new certificate was not valid until the old one expired so the agent told me to keep both until the old one expired.

So last week-end I was in Thunder Bay Ontario. I had a rental car booked to help me get around. I walked up to the Enterprise counter and handed over my credit card and driver's license. It turns out I accidentally threw out the valid driver's license and kept the expired one.

I pulled out my iPhone and looked up the number to MPIC. I gave them a call and asked if there was some way they could fax the rental agency confirmation that I do in fact have a driver's license.

They would not help me.

They didn't even ask for my name or driver's license number to confirm I even have a license.

I still had a valid photo part of my driver's license.

They didn't make an effort.

It may have been because it was Friday afternoon. That is not an excuse. They are there to serve the drivers of Manitoba.

Manitoba Public Insurance Corporation is Lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment