Sunday, April 24, 2011

Down Time

I have been on a rather steady pace for about a year. I'm 3 days into a four day long weekend for Easter. It has been a very low key week-end which is what I need. I, like many people, seem to keep myself busy. For the most part I like to be busy but from time to time I just like to chill out and not keep any sort of schedule. This feeling only lasts a few days most of the time but when I am enjoying it.

It's important to be you. We seem to gravitate toward who we are. I took my current job in Ottawa because I figured it would have less work travel. It seems to have a very similar amount. That may be because it just how I know how to work. I'm a be out there and see how it's going kind of guy. I like to try it myself and I like to know as much as possible. It may not seem relevant today but the knowledge can bear fruit many years down the road.

As much as I like to stay busy, or at least I tell myself that, I do like the occasional bit of down time. I like the days where dozing off in the afternoon is ok. I eat when I want and I don't have to keep a schedule. It can't last too long. I can't handle two weeks of living like that but four days sure seems to be doing me well.

I'm enjoying some down time and it will help reinvigorate me for the workweek ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment