Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Social Media Election

It seems that this current election is being referred to as the social media election. I was born well after the proliferation television or the telephone but I'm sure they revolutionized elections back in the day.

If you step back and think about it, winning an election is about communicating why you are the best candidate for the job. It only makes sense to use any means available to communicate what you intend to do.

The key to it all is, social media is a tool. It isn't who uses the tool best will win the election, it's who has the best message. You can speak though the best microphone in the world, if what you are saying is crap then all you get is louder crap.

I'm not here to tell you who to vote for. There are plenty of people who post comments on CBC.ca that will gladly tell you who to vote for. I'm just commenting that social media may change how you get the info but the message still has to be good.

So far it's really been a lackluster election, even if the candidates are using social media. I hope it picks up. In any event I will vote.



No comments:

Post a Comment