Monday, November 15, 2010

Looking Good

Today I drove from Thunder Bay to Sault Ste Marie Ontario. The highway works its way around Lake Superior. It meanders in and out of the bush. This is one of the most scenic drives in Canada. It is not a short or easy drive. Parts of it are very curvy and hilly however, some of the views along the way are amazing.

Canada is a vast nation. I have been to many but not all parts yet. I think a true Canadian experience is to drive the north shore of Lake Superior. It is a two lane highway the whole way. Several passing lanes make it possible to get around slower traffic at various times. It is not the fastest route between these two Ontario cities but it sure looks good.

This may be one of the most difficult drives to make in Canada. I have driven through BC and I found it an easier drive than either time I drove this route. It is full of curves and hills. There is very little straight road. Around Marathon Ontario, you could be in any number of mountain ranges.

The most enjoyable part of the trip was to come out of the bush and there was the lake. Looking out down the hill to the water below with the hills above. The raw and rugged beauty is obvious everywhere you look.

If you are travelling from one end of Canada to the other, I recommend you travel highway 17 along Lake Superior. You will enjoy the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment