Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Walk

I started my new job this week. I found a place within walking distance. It's a longer walk but it is quite manageable.

On the first day of work it had rained the night before. It was rather slippery. At one point I was doing the Bambi on ice. I could have but my skates on and skated in a few places. I did make it to work so all was well. It took me a bit longer to get there but I made it. On the way home yesterday it had warmed up and was raining very lightly. It was a bit damp but very manageable.

Today it was warmer. It was a fairly steady rain this morning. It let off as I walked to work. I managed to cut 7 minutes off my time from the first day. The best trip has been the walk home today. There was some sun, it was dry and 12 degrees C. It was a very nice walk. Walking home is a bit easier as it is primarily down hill. It is nice to have that at the end of the day.

I know there will be some colder, nastier days but I'm from Manitoba. I have seen some really bad winter days.

So far I seem to be enjoying this walking to work. I can see this getting better as my body gets more used to it. I also need to get back into my gym routine. With that I will be improving my fitness to where it should be.

I live in a new city and I like it so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment