Thursday, November 4, 2010

So Real

My relocation to the Canada's National Capital has become very real to me this week. I have a place to live, which was the the last big hurdle I had to overcome. It is even available when I wanted it for so I don't have to delay my move.

Through this whole process I have come to realize how integrated you can become in your community. It's a lot more than being near your family and friends. Your community also includes the people you interact with on a regular but occasional basis. I need to find I new barber. It's too bad, it like the one I've been going to for the last 10 years. I need to find a new place to buy my groceries. I need to find a new gas station that's convenient. These are the little things that I will have to deal with.

The big parts of relocating are taken care of. All the details to to find a new home and move myself and my personal effects are cared for. The details of integrating into a community are up to me. Part of this is very exciting. Seeking out the good places and people in a new city will be exciting. Finding new service providers for the things we tend to take for granted will be fun.

I also realize it will take some time to get things rolling. I know a few people and I have some people skills so, it will come together.

I have discovered that Ottawa is going to be a great city. It is a city that people live in. It has pubs and restaurants and bars and shops. It has every convenience and a lot that is unique. I will be walking past Parliament Hill every day to get to work. It is a nice city to move about. It has a pace of life to it. People have purpose. They have a focus and a purpose.

I'm about to start a new chapter in my in a new city. I'm a little bit scared but really excited.



No comments:

Post a Comment